Monday, September 27, 2010

S-H-E-R-W-I-N


         
            After introducing yourself, some might find it interesting to know the spelling of your name. Names, like Schin, Gertrude, or Thierry, may seem new to some individuals that would sooner than later request for a spelling. This was the second topic discussed in my French class.
            It all started with a simple reading of the alphabet. While reading it, I took note of the pronunciations that would help me in reading it correctly. Here’s what I did:
Lettre
Prononciation
A
A
B
Be
C
Se
D
De
E
Uh
F
Ef
G
Je
H
Ash
I
I
J
Ji
K
Ka
L
El
M
Em
N
En
O
Oo
P
Pe
Q
Keu
R
Er
S
Es
T
Te
U
Yui
V
Ve
W
Dublu ve
X
Iks
Y
I grec
Z
Zed
            Interesting, right? Well, it’s quite effective in learning French. Know the alphabet, and then you graduate kindergarten! In addition, as any beginner would enjoy their lesson, we started sing the alphabet song! “A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, ,P, Q, R, S, T, U, V,W, X, Y, et Z. Maintenant, j’ai mon alphabet. Chante avec moi la prochaine fois.” Tons of fun and laughter filled the room, as we started to pronounce the letters correctly while catching up with the tune. Nevertheless, we were able to sing it flawlessly, or at least close to it. ^^
            Afterwards, we started asking and answering the question “Comment ça s’ecrit?” or “Vous pouvez épeler?” – both meaning “How do you spell?” We all enjoyed asking each other the same question, while answering it when asked for it. This is what makes languages courses FUN – it’s a highly interactive learning experience!
            Bonne journée!

No comments:

Post a Comment